Beyond Bond is a practical, activity-based program that extends across the duration of all undergraduate degrees. Administered by the Career Development Centre (CDC) as a mandatory degree requirement, it ensures that all Bond students engage in various extra-curricular activities that complement their academic studies.
Each approved activity is given a points value and students must undertake a minimum of three electives PLUS the compulsory career development component. to accrue a minimum of 100 points.
Compulsory unit: Beyond Bond Core activities
Incorporates career guidance and planning, ensuring that Bond graduates have a clear idea of their goals and a detailed strategy to achieve them.
Three or more electives must be chosen from the approved list under the categories of:
- Work-based – Internships, part-time employment, service-based learning, elite sports engagement;
- Work-related – Mooting, BondCo, capstone projects, industry-related competitions;
- Community-based – Volunteering, mentoring / coaching programs, community leadership, global experience;
- Career exploration – Attending career events, industry engagement, career workshops.
For each activity undertaken, students must complete a written submission reflecting on the value of the experience and how it has enhanced specific employability skills. These submissions can be viewed in iLearn.
University core subjects
As part of all undergraduate degree structures, students must undertake Bond’s three University core subjects:
The compulsory and elective components of Beyond Bond and our University Core Curriculum have been selected for their ability to develop and enhance key employability skills identified as being essential to bridging the gap between university and the workplace:
- Communication – oral and written
- Critical thinking
- Planning / Organising
- Information Management
- Initiative / Enterprise
- Global perspective
- Ethical thought and action